Q. How will you know turbocharger air filter chocked?
Ans: Filter condition can be assessed by the following parameters and symptoms:
• Greater differential pressure at turbo charger filter.
• Reduced engine power.
• Black smoke from the funnel
• Less Scavenge pressure How will you run engine in case of turbocharger failure?
• Engine to be stopped.
• Rotor to be blocked
• Exhaust gas to be by-passed the turbocharger
• Run engine with reduced speed with remaining turbocharger
• Use Auxiliary Blower
• Maintain all temperature and pressure of fuel, cooling water and lubrication within limit.