Why Ac System is Preferred over DC System
In this Article I have written all those reason why Ac system is preferred over Dc system ?
In ships,AC System is preferred over DC System because of the following reasons :
- Smaller, lighter compact and compact machine size , for a kilowatts.
- High power and high voltage AC generator can be easily manufactured.
- Voltage can be raised or lowered by Transformer.
or,It is easy to maintain and change voltage of AC Electricity for transmission and distribution by using AC Transformers.
4. AC can be easily converted to DC.
5. Plant Cost for AC transmission (circuit breakers, transformers etc.) Is much lower than the equivalent DC Transmission.
6. Easy to find fault by interrupting the AC system,as sine wave current will naturally tend to zero at some point making the current easier to interrupt.
7. AC offers a higher power to weight ratio.
A ship’s electrical distribution scheme generally follows shore practice which is AC.
- Fault can load to major hazard like fire explosion.
- Safety is the main and prior thing while doing work with AC system.(Use proper dressing while working on electrical circuit).
- More losses.
If you find more reason related Ac are Preferred over DC please comment below.