what is NetSuite Manufacturing
NetSuite Manufacturing is a comprehensive cloud-based software solution designed to help manufacturers manage their entire business operations. It is part of the larger NetSuite suite of business management software, which includes modules for financial management, customer relationship management (CRM), e-commerce, and more.
Must Read : Manufacturing process
NetSuite Manufacturing Product Features
NetSuite Manufacturing offers a comprehensive set of product features designed to support the specific needs of manufacturing companies. Here are some of the key features you can expect to find in NetSuite Manufacturing:
- Production Management: NetSuite Manufacturing allows manufacturers to plan, schedule, and track production processes efficiently. It helps manage work orders, bills of materials (BOM), and routing operations to streamline production.
- Inventory Management: The system provides tools for managing raw materials, finished goods, and in-process inventory. This helps optimize inventory levels, reduce carrying costs, and minimize stockouts.
- Demand Planning: Manufacturers can forecast demand for their products and materials, helping them make informed decisions about production and procurement.
- Quality Control: NetSuite Manufacturing includes features for quality control and inspection, ensuring that products meet the required quality standards before they are shipped to customers.
- Supply Chain Management: It offers visibility into the entire supply chain, from suppliers to customers. This helps in managing the procurement of raw materials and the distribution of finished goods.
- Cost Management: Manufacturers can track and analyze production costs, helping them identify areas for cost reduction and improving profitability.
- Compliance and Reporting: The software helps manufacturers stay compliant with industry regulations and provides reporting and analytics tools for monitoring performance and making data-driven decisions.
- Integration: NetSuite Manufacturing can integrate with other NetSuite modules and third-party applications, enabling seamless data flow between various parts of the business.
- Scalability: It is designed to grow with the business, making it suitable for small to large manufacturing companies.
Overall, NetSuite Manufacturing is a powerful solution that helps manufacturing businesses improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, enhance product quality, and better meet customer demands. It provides a holistic view of the manufacturing process and integrates various aspects of the business into a unified platform.
netsuite manufacturing module
The NetSuite Manufacturing module is a specific component or feature within the broader NetSuite Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. This module is designed to cater to the unique needs of manufacturing companies, helping them manage their production processes, inventory, and other critical aspects of their business operations. Here are some key functionalities and features typically found within the NetSuite Manufacturing module:
- Work Orders: This feature allows manufacturers to create and manage work orders for producing goods. It includes tools for planning, scheduling, and tracking production tasks.
- Bill of Materials (BOM): Manufacturers can define and maintain BOMs, which list the materials, components, and sub-assemblies required to build a product. This helps in accurate production planning and cost estimation.
- Routing: Routing capabilities enable manufacturers to define the steps and processes involved in manufacturing a product, specifying the sequence of operations and workstations.
- Inventory Management: This aspect of the module helps manufacturers keep track of raw materials, finished goods, and work-in-progress inventory. It supports features like lot tracking and serial number tracking.
- Demand Planning: Manufacturers can forecast demand for their products and materials, ensuring that they have the right inventory levels to meet customer orders.
- Quality Control: Quality management features allow for the monitoring and control of product quality throughout the manufacturing process. This can include inspection, testing, and quality assurance procedures.
- Costing: The module helps in calculating and analyzing production costs, allowing manufacturers to understand and manage their cost structures better.
- Supply Chain Visibility: Manufacturers gain visibility into their supply chain, including supplier management and procurement of raw materials. This ensures a steady supply of materials for production.
- Reporting and Analytics: Robust reporting and analytics tools provide insights into key performance indicators (KPIs) and help manufacturers make informed decisions.
- Compliance: The module may include features to help manufacturers adhere to industry-specific regulations and standards.
- Integration: NetSuite Manufacturing can integrate seamlessly with other NetSuite modules such as financials and customer relationship management (CRM) for a holistic view of the business.
- Scalability: It is designed to grow with the manufacturing business, accommodating the needs of small to large enterprises.
In summary, the NetSuite Manufacturing module is a specialized software component that empowers manufacturing companies to streamline their production processes, manage inventory efficiently, control costs, and maintain product quality. It is part of the larger NetSuite ERP system, which offers a comprehensive suite of tools for managing various aspects of a business.
oracle netsuite manufacturing
Oracle NetSuite Manufacturing is a robust cloud-based software solution designed to cater to the manufacturing needs of businesses. It’s a part of the broader Oracle NetSuite suite, which includes various modules for financials, customer relationship management (CRM), e-commerce, and more. Here are some key features and functionalities of Oracle NetSuite Manufacturing:
- Production Management: This module helps manufacturers plan, schedule, and monitor their production processes efficiently. It enables the creation and management of work orders, bills of materials (BOMs), and routing operations.
- Inventory Management: Oracle NetSuite Manufacturing allows businesses to effectively manage their inventory, including raw materials, finished goods, and work-in-progress items. It helps optimize stock levels, reduce carrying costs, and prevent stockouts.
- Demand Planning: Manufacturers can forecast demand for their products and materials, aiding in production and procurement decision-making.
- Quality Control: The system supports quality control and inspection processes to ensure that products meet specified quality standards before shipment.
- Supply Chain Management: It provides visibility into the entire supply chain, from suppliers to customers, helping in the procurement of raw materials and the distribution of finished products.
- Cost Management: Manufacturers can track and analyze production costs, enabling them to identify areas for cost reduction and enhance profitability.
- Compliance and Reporting: Oracle NetSuite Manufacturing assists in staying compliant with industry regulations and offers robust reporting and analytics tools to monitor performance and make data-driven decisions.
- Integration: The platform can integrate seamlessly with other Oracle NetSuite modules and third-party applications, ensuring a smooth flow of data throughout the organization.
- Scalability: It is designed to accommodate the growth of manufacturing companies, making it suitable for small to large enterprises.
Overall, Oracle NetSuite Manufacturing provides a comprehensive set of tools to help manufacturing businesses improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, maintain product quality, and better meet customer demands. It offers a holistic view of the manufacturing process and integrates various aspects of the business into a unified platform.
NetSuite advanced Manufacturing
NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing is a unified cloud solution that replaces the disjointed systems commonly used in manufacturing today. It provides extensive functionality designed to assist manufacturers, regardless of their size, in cutting operational expenses, boosting revenue, and enhancing overall management of their business and supply chain processes. NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing is integrated with the native NetSuite ERP, ensuring real-time connectivity between manufacturing operations and financial reporting, inventory management, and open orders.
Here are some key features and functionalities of NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing:
- Complex Work Order Management: Advanced Manufacturing allows for the management of complex and multi-level work orders. This is especially useful for businesses that have intricate production processes involving multiple stages and components.
- Engineering Change Orders (ECOs): ECOs are supported to facilitate changes in product design or production processes. This helps ensure that all changes are properly documented, approved, and implemented.
- Shop Floor Control: This feature provides real-time visibility into shop floor operations, allowing manufacturers to monitor production progress, track labor and machine resources, and make adjustments as needed.
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS): Advanced Manufacturing includes more sophisticated planning and scheduling capabilities to optimize production efficiency, reduce lead times, and improve on-time delivery.
- Demand Forecasting: Enhanced demand forecasting tools help manufacturers accurately predict customer demand, allowing for better inventory management and production planning.
- Quality Management: It includes advanced quality control and inspection features to maintain high product quality standards and compliance with industry regulations.
- Costing and Accounting: Advanced cost accounting features help businesses gain a deeper understanding of production costs, including overhead, labor, and materials, for precise cost analysis.
- Multi-Plant and Multi-Company Support: NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing can handle the complexities of organizations with multiple manufacturing facilities or legal entities, providing consolidated reporting and control.
- Serialized and Lot Tracking: For industries requiring traceability, such as pharmaceuticals or electronics, the module offers comprehensive serialized and lot tracking capabilities.
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics: It provides more advanced reporting and analytics tools for in-depth analysis of manufacturing performance, helping businesses make data-driven decisions.
- Compliance and Regulatory Support: Industries with specific compliance requirements, such as medical device manufacturing, can benefit from features that help maintain regulatory compliance.
- Integration and Customization: NetSuite’s flexible platform allows for integration with third-party applications and customization to tailor the system to unique manufacturing processes.
NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing is suitable for companies engaged in complex manufacturing operations, such as make-to-order, engineer-to-order, or high-tech manufacturing. It offers the tools needed to optimize production, manage resources efficiently, and maintain quality control while accommodating the demands of advanced manufacturing environments.
Businesses choose NetSuite for a variety of reasons, as it offers a comprehensive and integrated suite of cloud-based business management tools. Here are some key reasons why organizations often opt for NetSuite:
- End-to-End Solution: NetSuite provides a unified platform that covers various aspects of business operations, including financials, customer relationship management (CRM), e-commerce, inventory management, and more. This integrated approach eliminates the need for disparate systems and promotes seamless data flow.
- Scalability: NetSuite is scalable and can adapt to the needs of businesses of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises. As your business grows, NetSuite can grow with you, accommodating increased transaction volumes and complexity.
- Cloud-Based: Being a cloud-based solution, NetSuite offers the advantages of accessibility from anywhere with an internet connection, automatic updates, and reduced IT infrastructure costs.
- Real-Time Insights: NetSuite provides real-time visibility into critical business data. This enables timely decision-making and helps companies stay agile in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Customization and Flexibility: NetSuite is highly customizable, allowing businesses to tailor the system to their unique workflows and requirements. Custom scripting and SuiteBuilder tools are available for this purpose.
- Global Operations: NetSuite supports multi-currency, multi-language, and multi-subsidiary capabilities, making it suitable for businesses with international operations.
- Strong Financial Management: NetSuite’s financial management module includes features for accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and compliance, helping businesses maintain strong financial control.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): The CRM module enables businesses to manage customer interactions, sales processes, and marketing campaigns efficiently.
- E-Commerce: NetSuite offers e-commerce capabilities to help businesses create and manage online storefronts and drive sales through digital channels.
- Support and Community: NetSuite provides robust customer support and has an active user community. Users can access documentation, forums, and educational resources to help them get the most out of the platform.
- Industry-Specific Solutions: NetSuite offers industry-specific solutions tailored to the unique needs of various sectors, including manufacturing, retail, services, and more.
- Regular Updates: NetSuite releases regular updates and enhancements to the platform, ensuring that users have access to the latest features and technology.
- Cost Efficiency: While NetSuite is an investment, it can often reduce IT costs and increase operational efficiency over time by streamlining processes and improving productivity.
- Security and Compliance: NetSuite places a strong emphasis on security, data privacy, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Mobile Access: The platform offers mobile apps that allow users to access critical business data and perform tasks on-the-go.
These are some of the primary reasons why businesses choose NetSuite as their ERP and business management solution. The specific reasons may vary depending on the organization’s size, industry, and unique business requirements.
How do I enable manufacturing in NetSuite?
To enable the Manufacturing module in NetSuite, follow these steps:
- Access NetSuite Admin: Log in to your NetSuite account with administrator credentials.
- Navigate to Setup: Click on the “Setup” link located in the top right corner of the NetSuite dashboard.
- Company: Under the “Company” section, select “Enable Features.”
- Enable Advanced Features: Click the “Advanced Features” tab, which is where manufacturing features are often located.
- Enable Manufacturing Features: Within the “Advanced Features” tab, look for options related to manufacturing or production. These options may include enabling “Manufacturing,” “Work Orders,” “Bill of Materials (BOM),” and other relevant features.
- Save Changes: After enabling the manufacturing features you require, click the “Save” or “Save Changes” button to confirm your selections.
- Restart Your Session: In some cases, you may need to log out of NetSuite and log back in for the changes to take effect.
Please note that the exact steps and terminology may vary slightly depending on your NetSuite account configuration and the version of NetSuite you are using. If you encounter difficulties or have specific questions about enabling manufacturing features in your NetSuite account, it’s advisable to reach out to NetSuite’s customer support or your NetSuite account administrator for guidance.
Details of Few Companies That Use NetSuite ERP
here is information on a few companies that were using NetSuite ERP:
Certainly, here’s the information in a tabular format:
|Hertzbach & Company||www.hertzbach.com||$25 Million|
|Zev Technologies||www.zevtechnologies.com||$8 Million|
|Deloitte Digital||www.deloitte.com||$1 Billion|
|CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS, INC.||confidentialrecordsinc.com||$5 Million|
|Cision Ltd||cision.com||$910 Million|
|PCS Wireless||pcsww.com||$222 Million|
|Boston Globe||www.bostonglobe.com||$311 Million|
|DWA Media||www.dwamedia.com||$68 Million|
|Primary Arms||www.primaryarms.com||$19 Million|
|Mitchell International, Inc.||www.mitchell.com||$942 Million|
|Netlink Software||www.netlink.com||$420 Million|
|TIC Group||ticgroup.com||$234 Million|
|CMP Corporation||www.cmpcorp.com||$18 Million|
|Barcoding, Inc.||www.barcoding.com||$16 Million|
Please note that the revenue figures are approximate and may have changed since my last update. It’s advisable to verify the current details directly with each company or through their official websites.
Is NetSuite good for manufacturing?
Yes, NetSuite is often considered a good choice for manufacturing companies. NetSuite offers a comprehensive cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution that is designed to meet the specific needs of manufacturing businesses.
NetSuite is a good choice for manufacturing due to its integrated tools, scalability, real-time visibility, global support, customization, quality control, supply chain management, cost tracking, compliance, reporting, and mobile access features. However, its suitability depends on the specific needs of each manufacturing business.