The refrigerant charging in Refrigeration system or AC system is done because refrigeration effect in it cause decrease in refrigerant due to leakage of gas.The leak must be detected and rectified in the refrigeration system before the refrigerant is charged.
Due to decrease in amount of refrigerant,it may lead trouble in refrigeration plants.
Must Read :- Fresh Water Generator
What are troubleshooting occur due to decrease in amount of refrigerant ?
- Suction pressure too low.
- Short cycling of Air compressor.
- Temperature of room and holds not maintained properly.
- Decrease in the efficiency of the plant.
If we found above mentioned problems then it means the refrigeration system has to be charged.
What are the procedure for refrigerant charging of refrigerant plant or refrigeration system or Ac System
Once the leak of the refrigerator is found ,For refrigerant charging, following method is used :-
- The receiver outlet valve is shut off.
- Now,The refrigerant is allowed to collected in the receiver.
- The refrigerant is allowed to collected until the reading of pressure gauge show 0.2 bar.Manytimes,we read that the low pressure trip is bypassed but in actual it is done to avoid air ingress inside the system.
- When the gas is started collected,first check the gas level in the sight glass.
- And then suction and discharge valve of the compressor are shut off.
- If the level is ok then stop charging of refrigerant and did the work of finding out other reasons for low cooling effect.
- If the level of the refrigerant in the system not ok then charging is to be carried out.
- Now,noted down the weight of bottle of refrigerant.
- If refrigerant charging is carried out,the bottle is then inverted.
- NOW GAS OUTLET LINE TO BE CONNECTED WITH THE CHARGING HOSE. NOTE that NON RETURN VALVE is CONNECTED TO THE GAS COLLECTION BOTTLE WHICH IS CONNECTED TO THE LINE VIA AND THREE WAY VALVE WHICH THE OTHER SIDE IS CONNECTED TO THE BOTTLE
- OPEN 3 WAY VALVE SUCH that GAS COLLECTION BOTTLE AND CHARGING BOTTLE IS CONNECTED AND OPEN GAS OUTLET LINE OF CHARGING BOTTLE TO PURGE OUT AIR IN THE HOSE.
- Let about 5 kilograms of refrigerant charged in the system.
- Now,Open the suction and discharge valve of compressor and start the pump.
- Keep in mind that before starting the system,filling valve should be shut off.
- Now to check the level of refigerant again,pump down the system .If the level of refrigerant is not ok then fill again fill the refrigerant following the same procedure before.If the level is ok then disconnect the hose .Refrigerant in the system charged succesfully.
For better understanding watch video
Check Out Other Important Topics